I have an essay due tomorrow, and another essay due the next day! AH! haha. So busy, but yeah. I'm taking a break right now, so out of inspiration from another fellow blogger, haha, i decided to write an entry that is "thoughtful and intellectual". Hahaha. Anywhoo,
John 3:16
For God so loved the world that He gave his one and only son, so that whoever believes in Him should not parish, but have everlasting life.
I find that this verse seems to be over-used and underestimated, don't you think? I mean, this verse is the MOST WELL-KNOWN verse in the Bible, and everyone knows it! Yet, few people actually truly comprehend the meaning of this verse! And even those who know the true meaning of this verse, like me, sometimes forget it, overlook it, abuse it, dismiss it, whatever the case may be.
Did you know that just because you accept Jesus into your heart, go to church, and do ministry, doesn't mean that you will go to heaven?? That verse, John 3:16 says that whoever believes in Him SHOULD NOT parish. Notice the key words, SHOULD NOT. What does that mean? It means you SHOULD NOT, but it COULD happen, correct?
E.g. I studied my best, so i SHOULD NOT fail. Now, just b/c I said that doesn't mean that I WILL NOT fail, b/c i STILL CAN.... but i SHOULD NOT.
Now, that is the same as with this verse. I was listening to a preaching today, and the pastor was telling us a story of how he got an image from God... dunno if its a vision, a dream, or whatnot, but he saw hell.... and in it, he saw people that he recognized.... children from Sunday School... the Pastor of a church!!!
So many "so-called Christians" think they're headed for eternal life, but you know what? That's not always the case. When Judgment day comes, God may keep you from going to heaven. In the Bible, it says that even if you "prophesy in His name", or do whatever it is that you think will get you to heaven, (ie, if you go to church, you read His Bible, if you accept Jesus into your heart), if you don't INTIMATELY KNOW God, then God will say to you, "I do not know you."
Note that if you put the sentence in the original context, and the original Greek translation, to know = Ganowsko, meaning to intimately know.
People are so busy with their lives, maybe even doing ministries for God, and that's GREAT! But, if we don't intimately know God, then you don't have everlasting life.
If you don't believe me, read the Parable of the 10 Bridesmaids (Matthew 25: 1-13)
It's a parallel to what is spoken here.
But yeah, the reason why I'm saying this isn't to condemn, but to encourage you to really get to know the living God. Get to know Him, who sent his ONLY son to die for us.
Jesus didn't die the most excruciating death just so that people can go to church, read the Bible, or even to do good works! Jesus died because He wants a RELATIONSHIP. That means, being with God, being INTIMATE with him.
Personally, this message, although I've heard it before, I either forgot about it, or I got mixed up with some other messages, but anyways, this message really stirred up a desire in my heart to INTIMATELY know God. I'll admit that it's also out of fear of going to hell, but the reality is, hell is real. From what I hear from people who've experienced hell before, it's NOT a good place to be in....
Another thing that I've been reflecting on lately is how obsessive I can get with certain things, yet I never spend that amount of time with God. And although I keep on re-committing myself to knowing Christ, I either go a couple of steps forward, and backslide again, or it's just too hard.
I'm sick of doing this. I want something more. I'm craving for that LOVE relationship between me and God, MY FATHER. I NEED that PERFECT love that only HE can fill. I NEED to stop obsessing over minimal things, stop worrying over the mediocre, and start focusing on what's more important! Most importantly, start focusing on building that LOVE relationship with Him. <3 I'm trying, and to be honest, I don't know HOW I'm going to do it, but Lord, PLEASE let me get to know you intimately.....
I need this... I REALLY do. Thank you Lord.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
yeaaa... i agree with you.. "faith without deeds is dead" - james 2:26.
Jen, ill remind u once again that GOD WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU no matter what. we just need to let go now and let Him worry instead of YOU worrying so much about minimal things. lol =)
that way, you'll get rid of the things in between and fall in love with God.
ill be praying for you!
Love,
your sister <3
Post a Comment