Well, it's the beginning of a new year. I have the opportunity to start fresh. Set new goals, new resolutions to try to become the girl who God created me to be. I had my 18th birhtday yesterday, so I am now an official adult. =) haha. I feel old now. booo.
But yeah, I don't have that much time to write in here, but I just wanted to update a bit. Overall, I had a great birthday. Even though I knew all my birthday presents (well, a lot of them) it was still lots of fun opening it. haha. one thing I wanna mention is that my parents gave me this birthday card that I absolutely LOVE. It gave me this incredible verse that is now my FAVOURITE verse. haha. It comes from 1 Peter 3:4, and it says, "Your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit... is of great worth in God's sight." I really like this verse because it really REPRESENTS me & shows God's opinion of those who are 'quiet' or really shy... like me. haha. it feels so awesome to know that God has plenty of love for those with a gentle & quiet spirit. God is so amazing <3 . And He truly knows my heart. Another incredible verse is Psalm 37:4 (i think) in which it says, "Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart."
The thing was, in all honesty, I didn't think anyone would remember my birthday. (well, other than the selected few who are VERY special to me, who i KNOW will remember ;) haha ) \I have to admit that I was worried that I would be disappointed when no one would say happy birthday to me, obviously from previous experiences in the past. But then, that day, I realized that it didn't even really matter anymore, because i had the LOVE of a GOD who LOVES me so much. HE remembers, and since He IS the creator of all things, who needs anyone else RIGHT?
So, it came to a point where I became satisfied with who I was and my identity in Christ. I finally realized that God is enough. In all circumstances, whether good or bad, God is enough. & I think God rewarded that. Because that day, when I didn't expect anyone to say happy birthday to me, basically the whole congregation at ICC did. LOL. What happened was that somehow, Ps. Nick found out it was my birthday. I guess it was because he overheard Joanna and a couple of others say happy birthday to me... but anyways, at the end of service, he was like, "So it's rumoured that it's Jennifer's birthday today. Let's sing her happy birthday!" LOL. i was SO surprised, touched, and embarrassed at the same time. LOL. And so they did....... oh man. haha. i had NO idea how to react to that, but yeah. it was really touching. At THAT point, and when ppl came up to me to say happy birthday, it made me feel ..... well, really LOVED. I felt special at that point. I finally felt what I think GOD wanted all churches to feel like... a FAMILY.
In sum, I delighted myself in the Lord by finally realizing that God is enough, and, just like He promised in his word, he gave me the desires of my heart: to feel like a family, to belong, to feel special & loved.
Overall, it was a very satisfying day =P haha. I tasted Thai food for the first time (in a restaurant) & loved it! haha xD YUM. <3
On a side note, thanks to all who made my birthday special. && a BIG thank you to those who gave me birthday presents or cards. It is very appreciated! God bless! I gotta go back to work now. LOL.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
AWWW JEN.. YOU ARE SPECIAL! =)
-from your special bff <3
hahaha.. omg really?? thats awesome!! =D
Post a Comment