Friday, September 18, 2009

It's been a long time since I last updated my blog. Right now, I'm at school, waiting for class to start. In the meantime, I'm doing devotions, and it's just so much clearer when I write... or type. :P Hehe.

SO i've been reading this book called "Bad Girls of the Bible" by Liz Curtis Higgs. It discusses all the "evil" women in the bible, and gives us lessons on what we can learn NOT to do. Hehe.. it's definitely interesting! =)

Recently, I came across the story of the women at the well. It intrigues me to know that this woman's life was transformed in such a manner that she "could not help" but share the gospel with everyone that she encountered. She helped save a lot of souls that day. It makes me wonder why MY life isn't more influential. What is it about her encounter with Jesus that made her change? She started off as being an outcast, a social reject. She had a bad influence in her town, which meant that after Jesus revealed His identity to her, she could have come up with a myriad of excuses to keep all that she's heard to herself. But instead, she told everyone she ran into! And the people in the town noticed her transformation, and went to see Jesus. A lot of rejoicing in heaven occurred at that time.

What is so different from her circumstance, that allows her to "overflow" with these good news?!! I look at my life- I've been a christian the majority of my life. I've more recently grown a lot spiritually, which is great! But in the "saving lives" department, in all honesty, I'm not proud at all. I steer clear of the evangelical department- I do not like sharing the gospel out of fear that people will laugh at me. I love to help others, and show love and care, and thats MY way of ministry. But I have trouble sharing about the gospel to people who are not Christian. And although there are other ways of "saving" people, if I cannot even do that, how can I expect people to get saved through me?!! It worries me. I've been Christian for SO long. I've experienced God in many ways- all amazing feats.. yet why don't I "overflow" with joy- such joy that is too full to be able to keep it to yourself?? Is it because I do not fully realize the value of Christ's work on the cross? I don't know. I THOUGHT I DO fully realize it... maybe i'm not...........

Preachers say that a changed life happens once you realize the real VALUE of Christ's work on the cross. Although I'm not disagreeing with it, because that's the way it should be- MY life HAS been changed in a great way, but not in the same way as others who have experienced CHrist's grace in a more profound way. What I mean is, I've known about Christ my whole life... perhaps that takes away some of the value because I've heard it so often.... I think that in THAT way, I"ve been at a disadvantage. Not to say that I'm not grateful that I was born into a CHristian home!! Not at all!But I guess I wish that my life could just be more of a reflection of what the woman at the well experienced... such JOY that cannot be contained....

Why aren't I getting it?!!!

1 comment:

Hazel Theresia said...

OMG!!! Same here.. well i think it's one of the major problems that most christians go through yknow.. Sometimes we're too scared to go out of our comfort zone and announce the Great Commission to non-believers. So, you're not alone sis! That's the point of life.. being a blessing for others. Then again, when we say "spreading the gospel", it doesnt necessarily mean it has to be written or verbal. We can also do it visually.. let others see that we act accordingly to what we believe and preach. I think that's what's important. 'Cause we don't wanna be like the pharisees who are in a way "fanatical", right? But their actions don't correspond to what they say.

Faith without deeds is dead :)