So it's been a super long time since I last updated.. haha :P I apologize for that! It's been. a lack of inspiration or plain laziness I guess...
but because I've been requested to make one, here it is!
so the holidays are HERE! (: I'm so thrilled. It's such a nice feeling to not have to worry about school for 2 weeks. Unfortunately, I still have an assignment to do over the break :( I haven't started that yet, hehe. But I'll get started on that next week! :P This week is kind of busy. Yesterday I went to Demetri's for desserts with my discipleship group, and that was fun :) The ice cream sundae was deeelicious! then we went shopping for a bit, before I had to head home to teach piano. Today I have a birthday dinner to attend, then a sleepover at the best friend's house! =) Tomorrow I will chill with some people downtown, thursday I have a family dinner, and then friday is christmas! and I have music practice on saturday morning... i should probably start doing my homework around that time, as well eh :P LOL.
but yeah, that's just a bit of an update on my life. This morning as I did my morning devotions, I was re-reading a chapter from the book, Captivating. It talked about the role women play, and how they display God's character and image. I loved the reminder. I just wanted to share a bit of it with you all :)
First of all, the book talks about how, during creation, have you noticed that with every new creature that God created, each creature was more intricate and noble and mysterious than the last? E.g. A cricket is amazing, but it cannot compare to a wild horse. Then he created ADAM. But he didn't just stop there! Something was MISSING. God said that it was not right for man to be alone. So He created Eve. "She is the crescendo, the final, astonishing work of God. Woman. In one last flourish creation comes to a finish not with Adam, but with Eve. She is the Master's finishing touch.... Given the way creation unfolds, how it builds to ever higher and higher works of art, can there be any doubt that Eve is the crown of creation?...She is God's final touch...She fills a place in the world nothing and no one else can fill."
Stasi (the author) goes on to say that women have a crucial role to play. "And she, too, bears the image of God, but in a way that only the feminine can speak. What can we learn from her? God wanted to reveal something about himself, so he gave us Eve. When you are with a woman, ask yourself, what is she telling me about God? It will open up wonders for you. First, you'll discover that God is relational to the core, that he has a heart for romance. Second, that he longs to share adventures with us- adventures you cannot accomplish without him. And finally, that God has a beauty to unveil. A beauty that is captivating and powerfully redemptive."
:)
HOW AMAZING. That us women actually bear God's image too! Before reading this book, I did not know how us women bore God's image... but this book opened up my eyes..
it makes me feel pretty special! So all you ladies out there, you should all feel very special! That the God of the universe, the creator of everything, made us women because without us, the world is incomplete.... we are the final touches to His masterpiece! Praise the Lord!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey, great post! I'm gonna keep bugging you to post more often - lol. Happy New Year!!
Post a Comment