Monday, August 20, 2012

Aand helloo again!! After a two-year hiatus, I've decided to make a comeback. Why? Just because certain changes in life caused me to desire a place to blog.

So, in the past two years, there has been a lot of room for change in me. I could truly sense God working in me to shape me to become better- as a child of God, as His friend, and as His instrument.

When I look back at the past two years, there has been a lot of loneliness, stress, depression, and a lot of failures. At the same time though, I could see myself improving in my walk with God. Through Christian teachings, I've been able to refocus my thoughts to more "fruitful" thoughts- thoughts which were beneficial, rather than harmful. I've started to come to terms with the so-called "flaws" I see in myself, and have begun to embrace who I am, simply because I have started to see and claim my identity in Christ.

 Not only that, I've developed something else to be extremely thankful for- Toronto City Mission.

Last year, some members of my church decided to work for a non-profit organization called "Toronto City Mission." When I heard about it, I was immediately intrigued. I heard about how Toronto City Mission did summer camps, where children were taught Bible stories. As a teacher candidate, and a passionate Christian, I found this to be a perfect fit for me. Of course, at that time, I had already gotten another job, and so I didn't apply until this year.
And I am honestly SO glad I did. The people that I've met, the things I've experienced, I would not trade for anything else.
First off, the people there- MY goodness.  Growing up in a community where I did not exactly feel like I fit i  has kind of "scarred" me and left me pessimistic when it comes to the concept of "unity" in Christianity.  In all honesty, I felt that at times, it felt like non-Christians were more accepting of me  than Christians. I knew it was a wrong mentality to have, but that was my experience. I did not feel God's love all that much, and even when I did, it didn't seem to be enough because I couldn't tangibly see it within the body of Christ.
This summer has completely changed my mindset.  This summer, I experienced what true community feels like.

The people that I worked with, especially, have honestly taught me what it really means to have unconditional love and support from people not related to me. Their constant support and attention means MORE to me than I could ever describe.
I don't think I could ever thank them enough for allowing me to be a part of this.

 I thank God for this opportunity, where I've experienced loads of the Father's love for us.

Daddy, thank you. <3 p="p">


No comments: