I'm in my 3rd week of the strike right now. It's been good, i admit :P haha. except, i haven't been really WORKING all that much; but i DID volunteer a lot this week! (: YAY. haha. FINALLY some productivity in my life for a change :P
On Monday, I volunteered at the library at my old high school. I photocopied mostly :P it was mindless work, but it was still tiring, as i had to stand nearly the whole day :S but yeah, i got like.. 4.5 hours that day, so i'm happy :) Tuesday, i volunteered at the Church, helping out with christmas decorations. I got about 4 hours done?? And then yesterday, I met up with a friend at Fairview, we went window shopping, then I bussed to York for the Concurrent Education talk. It was quite an adventure, actually, cus I didn't KNOW that the CON-ED talk was yesterday, but then my friend called me up, and she said that it was yesterday, sooo i RUSHED to get there on time; however, that didn't happen :P I arrived at like... 5:00ish when it started at 4:45.. I praise God, though, cus it was supposed to have started at 4:30pm! But yeah, they postphoned it, so i came in JUST the right time; they had just started, so it was good (: even tho i was still late :P
Anyways, after the CON-ED talk, me and my friend went to get something to eat before heading for CCF. For those who don't know what that is, it stands for Chinese Christian Fellowship. Anyway, even though York is on strike, the leaders decided we weren't going to let the STRIKE prevent us from meeting up, so we met up at Chun's house in Markham.
To be honest, I wasn't even planning on goingggg, but my friend convinced me to come, and i would have been able to get a ride from someone, so I went. and i'm GLAD i went. :)
At first, it was really awkward for me, because i only attended the actual Christian fellowship TWICE. I attended the small group tons of times, and i LOVE my small group to death. <3
But yeah, I was wary at first about going to Chun's, but even though it was awkward at first, cus i didn't know most of them, but after the programs, and such, the "ice-breakers" if you want to call it that, I enjoyed my time with these people. They are really awesome individuals.
The people there are warm, merry, friendly, & inviting. We played many gamess, and that was tons of fun. haha. and trivia was always good too! ;)
Anyways, thats my little speal for today. I'm going to do some serious work today! (: Keep me accountable ;) haha. later daysssss!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
hey jen,.. omg that sucks...3 weeks already??? errrr... let's just hope they won't cut down your summer too much =S but u still go to the ccf meetings? lol.. oh thats cool. i thought the school is CLOSED tho.. hehe
btw, im still soo sorry!!! =( i feel so bad noww... i shouldn't have told you to do it... cause i didn't know you could do that with that "chatting system" =S just pray that everything will be okay.. im sure it will =)
Post a Comment