Saturday, June 20, 2009

it's been a LONG time since I last updated. I apologize! but, then again, not a lot of people read this, sooo haha.. yeah :P

but anyway! life has been.... interesting these past few weeks :). I attended a Hillsongs concert on June 6, and it was absolutely amazing <3. I could really sense God working through the team, and it was just such a great feeling experiencing God with all these other believers. As I was worshiping, there was this lady who was supervising her row. She looked BORED while we were worshipping. And I felt this urge to just pray for her... so I did. She left before I could really speak much (not as if I would have done so, if it were based on MY will), but yeah.... I think that was GOD. So, praise Him. :D Hehe.

In my devotions, there are times where I learn so much, and then there are other times where I don't (but that's my fault, for not taking the time to listen to His voice). Today was the story of when Abraham was asked to sacrifice his SON, Isaac. When I think of that story, it gives me shivers. Abraham loved God THAT much, that he was willing to kill his OWN son.... and God rewarded him for that. In the same way, I was reminded that sometimes God may ask us to sacrifice "our son". It may not be the literal meaning, but Isaac was EVERYTHING to Abraham. He was Abraham's inheritance, a symbol of God's promise being fulfilled; without Isaac, there would be no second generation! So in that sense, it applies to US in that sometimes God asks us to sacrifice things that mean the world to us. For some, it may be family and friends- for others, it may be a boyfriend or a girlfriend. For still others, perhaps it's money, time, dignity. In those scenarios, I believe that if WE lay down OUR selfish ambitions, and just trust God and love God so much, just like Abraham was, in SUCH a way that we're willing to sacrifice it for God. As I read this story, I felt God whisper into my ears, "Do you love me enough to sacrifice ........??" And if I were to answer honestly, I'm not too sure I could do that. I mean, it's one thing to SAY it, but to actually DO it? That takes a lot of courage, a lot of love.... but then GOD cared enough about US to give up HIS only SON, for US. Shouldn't WE do the same for Him?

Just something to ponder & think about. Blessings! =)

2 comments:

Hazel Theresia said...

yeaahhh i totally agree on the Abraham's story..
it's hard to sacrifice "our son" sometimes.. but we always gotta look at what God did for us. thanks for the reminder, jen!! it's a simple and short, but powerful message =).

woooww u went driving todayy?? T_T i hv to practice mine.. im sooo bad.. huhuhuhu

Danielle said...

Good post. Something that's also been on my mind and on my heart lately - imo, it's easier to give up "our son" if it's something that's easily recognizable as bad - something like money, or fame, or whatever. But the real challenge for most people, I think, is when they prize something that is esteemed "good" by society, something like education, or career, or moral virtue.