Why is it that I always seem to fall into the temptations put in front of me?
Why can't I overcome this...I KNOW what I SHOULD be doing, but I haven't been doing it ....
instead, I seem to fall further away. And though I feel guilty for doing so and so, I don't do anything to fix it up. WHAT is WRONG with me? =S I feel SO dirty, SO ashamed of myself.
I know that God has already forgiven me, but @ the same time, how can GOD forgive me when I refuse to obey Him continuously due to fear ?? It doesn't make sense. I shouldn't be forgiven. I don't deserve anything at all. But I also believe that that is precisely WHY I got it- Christianity is not about becoming the perfect Christian, to live the perfect life. I mean, SURE, the goal is to live like Christ lived- which means that because CHRIST was perfect, we should strive to be perfect- but let's FACE it.
As humans, we are BOUND to face failure countless times. Romans 3:23 says "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
It says ALL have sinned. Not SOME, but ALL. Thus, I'm being idealistic- which is not necessarily a bad thing, but it could lead me to being way too hard on myself. While being idealistic helps me realize how much we need the LORD, it's also destructive because it could lead to "giving up" because it's way too hard, and practically IMPOSSIBLE to do.
Holding fast to 1 Corinthians 10:13 and Romans 8:1
"No temptation has seized you except for what is common to man. And God is faithful; He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you ARE tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it."
"Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death." (Romans 8:1)
"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
hey wassup..im diggin ur blog..follow me on my blog!!
Post a Comment