This past weekend has been eventful, fun, but not fun at the same time. There were ups and downs. And to be honest, I think that at some point, I started to blame God for my pains/suffering. But then, the sermon today really reminded me that life without suffering will not allow you to enter into God's Kingdom. And to lack God's kingdom in your life, is as if there was no life for you at all. So that is when I realized that it's GOOD that I"m suffering right now., Perhaps its the Devil trying to keep me from being all that God has to offer me. Perhaps its God testing my faithfulness, or his attempt to draw me closer : ). Either way, God can use both GOOD and BAD in His plan. And i believe that if I just persevere, and pass these tests and trials/tribulations with JESUS carrying me, there is no telling HOW FAR I will go in life....
I did my devotions for the first time in ages....
it talked about the Israelites and the golden calf that they made to replace God. God was so angered by it that He wanted to destroy them. But the incredible thing was- when Moses intervened, and asked God not to, God listened to Moses...
that led me to thinking.. what was it about Moses that made God change his mind about destroying the Israelites? Was it Moses' meekness, his willingness to be obedient... ?? What was it?
I guess the answer that God is placing in my heart is that Moses was willing to obey God. That even though he started off laying down as MANY excuses as possible, He finally submitted to God, and look how far God brought him... he went from being a murderer to be one of the greatest leaders of all times. Jesus himself was compared to Moses.... : ) W O W.
Let's strive to be more like Moses. Together, we can do great things through Him who gives us strength! =)
God bless! <3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
aww.. very encouraging, jen!! i'm so blessed to have a friend like you.. who shares the good times and bad with me =). hehe.. thank God i have u as my sister!..
btw.. sorry i didnt reply today.. hehe.. was busy guitar-ing n taking a shower =P i jus got back today, eh?! u got some stories to tell me.. heehhe
Post a Comment