Thursday, July 10, 2008

Piano pooped

LOL. i love the title of this blog entry... piano pooped.

Man, today, I played piano pretty much the whole day. ai ya!! sick of piano! :S I had my usual times of practicing for my usual classical music. but then I also am playing for P&W in the indo service. SO, I had to practice that too, so its like.. practicing piano for classical, lunch, classical, keyboard for P&W, back to classical, then P&W, and so forth. haha. It's like a ping-pong ball going back and forth between players.

But yeah. It's worth it, I guess. If i pass this ARCT exam, I will be finished the practical component, so i don't have to go to piano lessons anymore! LOL. (for classical anyway) SWEet! hahaaaaaa. =PP And God is using me and my 'talent' in piano. So, its all good :P

Something that I find to be so amazing is the fact that God, uses me more in my inadequacies than in my 'talent', if you know what I mean. Like, whenever I felt like my playing was horrible or whatever, or it wasn't good enough, God seemed to work in that atmosphere nonetheless. and when I played for P&W one time, I felt horrible because I wasn't focusing all my attention on God. I was so distracted by other things, and like, as I was playing there, I honestly felt rotten. I as like, "God, I'm sorry that I'm like this. Forgive me.... please help me focus on you.. sorry.. sorry.." and like, the STRANGE thing was that after service, the speaker's wife came up to me and said that she could sense the softness of the Holy Spirit in my playing.. i was like.. whaaatt? It's incredible how God heard my cry... and used that to glorify HIm kinda thing, despite my inadequacy as a P&W member.

God is always like that, and thats something I have to realize more often. That God uses people who are willing; not people who are talented, gifted in evertying, etc, all though that can happen.
It's amazing. <3 Thank you God for using people like me... people who seem inadequate in the eyes of the world, but can possess God's potential, so long as they have the willingness.

For some strange reason, God has been using me in the P&W ministry, and sometimes I feel like i'm not worthy of it you know? Sometimes, its like, "God, why are you giving me this honoured position when I can't even live life properly, respecting you in everything that I do?" Like, okay. Recently, I've been 'promoted' to become 'team leader' for the band. for both Immanuel AND Indonesian services. So, i'm basically in charge of the arrangment, and whatnot. However, I don't feel like i can do it, but for some reason, Oom John sees potential in me. And I guess God does too, because He wouldn't give me something to do without giving me the ability to do so right? So yeah, stuff like that, being promoted, its like. what did I ever do to deserve it right? to serve God. Yet God, with his faithfulness, love, and patience, He gives people the chance, so long as we're willing to take it. hehehee. God is awesome! =D

2 comments:

Hazel Theresia said...

wow jen.. thats amazing.. about the speaker's wife and the Holy Spirit. it's so true what you said about how God uses inadequate people who are WILLING instead of TALENTED people. i mean, if these people are talented but they're not willing to do what God has planned for them, then their talent won't mean anything, right?

God IS awesome. it's okay to feel unworthy. i feel like that all the time. but you know what? we need to make ourselves unworthy in God's presence. I mean, we need to be as humble as we can, you know. we can't have that humanly pride in us, ESPECIALLY when we're in God's presence. and remember, he's ever-forgiving =) <3.

great post =)

Hazel Theresia said...

LOOLLL.. distracted??? by who?!? hahaha.. but um yeah.. did you read the part where it says "alex rios is engaged and his fiancee just gave birth to a baby girl????" =(((.. lol
i was heartbroken.. but oh well. it's a happy ending nonetheless =D